Parents & Toddler Group
Restarted on 8th OCTOBER 2021
Friday 10.00-11.30 a.m.
We need to restrict our numbers, so if you would like to attend, please pre-book by e-mailing “gwawr at borrasparkchurch.org.uk” before 6pm on Thursday each week. If we are full, we will e-mail you back to let you know Thursday evening. Please include your full name and phone number for track and trace purposes.
We ask that you co-operate with us to make sure that all who attend our group are kept as safe as possible. To this end, we require that you:
- DO NOT attend if you are suffering from any of the virus symptoms or have been advised to self isolate.
- Sanitise your hands on entering the building (foot-operated dispenser provided).
- Wear a face covering while in the building (unless you are medically exempt), except for when having your cuppa, of course!
- Keep a distance of 1 metre away from all adults whenever possible during the session.
- Wipe down any surfaces you touch in the toilets or baby changing area using the antiseptic wipes provided
Mums, Dads or Grandparents, Carers or Child-minders are welcome to bring along their babies and toddlers, and spend some time in the relaxed company of other adults and their little ones. We meet in our Schoolroom where snacks are served for toddlers; while tea and biscuits are in plentiful supply for the adults!
The first hour of each session is designed for the children to play as they wish with a variety of toys, e.g. bikes, slide, dolls, farm, dressing up box, play kitchen, dolls house, dinosaurs, jigsaw puzzles, story books, play dough, etc, then we clear the toys away and the children sit to take part in some singing, with a mixture of well known nursery rhymes and christian children’s songs. The singing is followed by a snack time for the children.
It is a valuable time for the children as they learn through play and also learn social skills such as interacting and sharing. They quickly learn the routine and this helps them to adjust by the time they are old enough to go to school.
The adults of course benefit from getting to know others in a similar situation, and enjoying a nice cup of tea or coffee as their children play and for all this we make a charge of £1 per family
For the latest information about the Parent & Toddler Group access our Facebook Group by clicking below, or alternatively please phone 01978 314692.