Our constitution provides a full statement of faith: this is a condensed version which captures the essence of our doctrinal beliefs.
We accept the Holy Scriptures, as originally given, as the infallible Word of God, of divine inspiration. Recognising them as our sole authority in all matters of faith and practice, we believe the doctrines taught therein, including in particular the following:
- We believe in the only true and living God, the Holy Trinity of Divine Persons in perfect unity, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, each of whom is co-equal and co-eternal.
- We believe in God the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, the third Person of the Godhead.
- We believe that the Church is both universal and local.
- We believe that as a result of the Fall, all men are sinful by nature.
- We believe that through faith (and only faith) in the Lord Jesus Christ the sinner is freely justified by God.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ will return personally, visibly and gloriously to this earth, to receive saints to Himself and to be seen of all men, and to righteously judge the living and the dead.